MKT333 Section 1
Starbucks vs. Dunkin’ Donuts
1. Describe the targeted segment(s) of each Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts. Starbucks
- Consumers of Starbucks in cities or upscale suburban areas. - Main target market is men and women aged between 25 and 40 Dunkin’ Donuts
- Very open appeal to the middle-class.
-International coffee and donut retailer.
2. Discuss the competitive advantage of each Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts. Starbucks
- They have managed to corner a large part of the coffeehouse market. - Strongest financial picture, expansion, and largest market dominance in the coffee market. Dunkin’ Donuts
-Wide range of menu (they provide breakfast to dinner)
3. Compare and/or contrast the positioning strategy of Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts.
(What is the brand image?) Both companies’ faithful are loyal to their morning stop, whichever it may be, and are pretty adamant about how much the other one is different. One of the reasons why they have got different types of economic class, is that they have different price levels. For example, Dunkin’ donuts’ large hot coffee cost $1.69 while Starbucks’ Large coffee cost $3.45 which is almost twice as much as Dunkin’. Starbucks is still known as one of the best coffee shop in US but a little bit pricy.
4. Discuss how Starbucks’ strategies have changed since its early days? There has been a focus on Retail expansion. Another thing which contributed to the change drive is the company’s growth expansion is product innovation. Starbucks developed its brand creating an experience that weaved into people’s daily lives. Experiential branding strategy was the most influential part of value proposition
5. Discuss how Dunkin’ Donuts’ strategies have changed since its early days? Dunkin’ Donuts has been changed to a company to be a coffee leader disguised as a donut maker. Although Dunkin’ Donuts has adopted of late represents a response to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document